Date posted: 06/08/2023
In this role, you'll be in charge of implementing new features in Normcore. Our focus this year is to make it even easier to synchronize any multiplayer project, implement matchmaking, add avatars with voice chat, and utilize our networked deterministic physics engine.
We're looking for someone who enjoys keeping their code and projects as clean as humanly possible. We require that all code that ships in production be pristine. If this is something you enjoy too, you'll fit right in :)
Hey! Max here. Thanks for taking the time to read my notes. As you can imagine, these posts generate hundreds of emails that I need to read through, and I want to give everyone a fair shot!
1. Must be in a US timezone. Folks in the US, Canada, Mexico, and anyone in South America are welcome to apply.
2. This is a role to come work on Normcore! In your email, please write a sentence or two about why you’re a good fit to work on Normcore :) Bonus points for any example projects of yours that you can point to.
3. Blank emails with resumés will be ignored!
4. Please put the sentence, “I read your notes!” at the beginning of your email. (And actually follow these notes)
5. Include 2-3 examples of your work, no more no less! Links to a project page are fine, but please include a short blurb about why it’s relevant to this role!
6. Please be concise! I don’t need your life story. Everyone has been interested in games/computers/programming/art since as long as they can remember. You don’t need to include that in your email. Please just tell me what you do now, how long you’ve been doing it, what you’d like to be doing, and why you’ll be good at it!
7. That’s it! Thanks for taking the time to read this!! I know the job search is really tough for folks right now. I’m hoping these notes will give you the best chance of getting accepted for this role!